Description of Error:
When trying to open or exit out of some screens in ESC, a user may encounter the error:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Font XXXX does not support style Regular
The error can reference different fonts that ESC may require from the Windows operating system.
Cause of Error:
This error can be caused if the Windows operating system is missing the indicated font and/or font style.
To resolve this problem, it is easiest to get the missing font file from another computer that is working properly and installing it on the one that is returning the error.
- Go to a workstation that is not getting this error message.
- In Windows, go to the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open the Fonts folder and look for the missing Font file, as indicated in the error.
- Right-click on that Font file and select "Copy".
- Navigate to a shared folder or a removable drive that will allow you to move the file to the computer receiving the error message. Right-click in that directory and select "Paste".
- Move to the computer that is receiving the error message and open the directory with the copied Font file in it.
- Right-click on the Font file and select "Copy".
- Go to the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open the Fonts folder and right-click on a blank space, select "Paste".
- If prompted to overwrite the existing file, select 'Yes' or 'Overwrite'.
As this is a Windows problem, if this solution does not resolve the issue, we recommend enlisting the services of a qualified computer tech to repair/replace the font on the machine.