Description of Error:
When saving an invoice the following error appears:
The incoming tabular data stream (TDS) remote procedure call (RPC) protocol stream is incorrect. Parameter 44 (""): The supplied value is not a valid instance of data type float. Check the source data for invalid values. An example of an invalid value is data of a numeric type with scale greater than precision.
Cause of Error:
This error can be caused by any of the following:
- Bad data that was imported from a Callahan/Roach flat rate inventory file.
- An inventory list that was imported directly into ESC with missing or improperly formatted data.
- Adding an invoice line item with a zero quantity but which has a dollar amount in the amount field.
- Changing part quantities to zero on invoices within the Mobile app.
- Using Quote templates causes the issue in version 13.0.53 and earlier.
To fix this error, you will need to figure out which part is causing the issue. To do this, delete a line from the invoice body using the delete key on your keyboard. Note which part it is before doing that, then save the invoice. If the invoice saves correctly, the part you just deleted was the cause of the issue. If it doesn't, repeat this procedure until it does save or there are no more parts left on the invoice.
Once you determine the part that was causing the error, recall it on the Inventory Entry screen - found under the Inventory menu - and click Save. Now add the item back to the invoice and save it.
Also upgrading ESC to the latest version is recommended as a number of bug fixes are applied in each new patch and version we release.
If this does not work, please call ESC Technical Support and we'll be happy to troubleshoot this further.