Description of Error:
When attempting to optimize routes in ESC the following error appears:
A starting location could not be found while optimizing the following tech: xxxx.
Cause of Error:
This is caused by a blank or invalid address in the employee's home address fields or your company's address field.
- In ESC click Dispatch → Enter Technicians.
- Recall the technician whose route you were trying to optimize.
- Note the setting of the Route Optimize Source field and change it if desired. This will tell you if the technician will start their route at the office or their home address. If this is set to the Employee Address skip to step 4 below. If it is set to the Company Address instead, skip to step 5.
- If the technician will start their routes from home, click the Address Information tab on the same screen and ensure a valid address is entered in the provided fields. Save the technician and try optimizing the route again. It should work well.
- If the technician will start their route from the office, exit this screen and go instead to Company → System Setup → Company Information. Make sure the company's physical address is entered correctly on the Company Information tab and save. Try optimizing the route again.
While you are in the Enter Technicians screen it is probably a good idea to check the status of all your current technicians.