This article will assist you in how to move your ESC database to another logical drive on the same machine. For example if you are running low on disk space on the C drive and you need to move the data file to another drive with more space.
When moving the database, everyone must be out of esc. If you are using the ESC Mobile then your Techs will need to synchronize before this process.
Once everyone is out of ESC follow these steps:
- Make a backup of your ESC Database.
- Download the Detach.bat file (below) and store the file on your Server where the ESC database is located. Double-click the batch file to execute the command.
- Locate the ESC data and log files on your Server. The default location of these files is usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\ but you may have to search for them if you are using an older version of SQL. The files you are looking for will have the database name with a .MDF and .LDF extension, such as Service.MDF and Service_Log.LDF. Once you find them, cut them and paste them to the directory you want to use on the new hard drive. Make sure you remember the new path as you will need it to attach the database again in step 5.
- Download the Attach.bat file (below).
- Double-click the file to execute the command. When you do this you will be prompted to enter the database name and location.