This article will explain how to remove or delete the registry keys that cause the four last databases you have opened to display in the FILE drop down menu in ESC.
- Close ESC.
- After ESC is closed, click on the Windows Start button.
- Type regedit into the open Search field of your Start menu or Start screen (for Windows 8 and above) and click OK.
- When the Registry Window opens, follow this path to the correct key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\ESC C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\ESC\CS Files
- When this key is selected, delete the values in the window to the right. The DEFAULT value cannot be deleted.
- Close the registry window and open ESC. The instances of last opened databases will be gone and you will need to log into ESC by going to File and selecting Open Company.