While most of Electronic Service Control's exciting new features are available automatically, some of them will require configuration before you can begin putting them to good use.
Every new List in ESC Version 15 features a Detail Panel whose main purpose is to provide you on-the-spot information. For some, this eliminates the need for ESC's Qualification screen. You can hide the Qualification screen from the program by disengaging "Legacy Mode".
To do this, head to the Company menu and select System Setup. In the Company Information tab, you'll see the "Run in Legacy Mode" check box. This option will be checked by default, but you can uncheck it and click OK to rid yourself of the Qualification screen.
If you were using Microsoft MapPoint already, you won't see a difference in ESC's Electronic Dispatch Board once you have upgraded to Version 15. This is because we left that screen as-is in order to give you room to continue running MapPoint. But if you're ready to move on to bigger and better things - such as Google Maps Integration - then you'll need to make a few changes. Make sure that the Electronic Dispatch Board is closed before making these changes.
First, the Google Maps integration is issued on a per user basis: you'll have one Mapping user for every Desktop user on your license. Before a user can utilize the new mapping feature, you'll need to edit their permissions:
- Head to the Company menu and click on Setup Users.
- Double-click on the user you wish to edit permissions for.
- When the Edit User screen appears, click Next to enter the Security Options screen.
- Locate the "Enable Maps" option and put a check in the box next to it. You'll find this option near the bottom of the permissions list.
- Click Finish.
**This User Security Option will also enable a field manager to access Google Maps in the ESC Mobile Manager app for iOS and Android devices.
Now, it's time to choose your mapping option:
- Go to the Company menu and click on System Setup.
- Navigate to the Dispatch tab.
- Set the Mapping Solution to "Google Maps".
Note: If you were not previously using Microsoft MapPoint integration, then Google Maps may already be selected in this screen.
- Click OK.
You can now access your new and improved Electronic Dispatch Board!
Hint: If you wish to return to the older version of the Electronic Dispatch Board, return to the Dispatch tab of the System Setup screen and set your Mapping Solution to "MapPoint". Even if you do not have the Microsoft MapPoint Integration, your Electronic Dispatch Board will be formatted for it.
New Email Setup
Connecting Electronic Service Control with your outgoing email provider has never been easier! Choose from any one of the popular public providers or select the "Custom" option to connect with a personal server. Having email capabilities in ESC provides a wide array of possibilities that you won't want to miss out on!
- Navigate to the Company menu and select System Setup.
- Click on the Email tab.
- If you are using a public provider, select that provider from the Email Provider drop down list (GMail, AOL or Yahoo). If you are using a personal server (such as Exchange or Office365), you'll select the "Custom" option.
- Once you have selected your provider, your outgoing server settings will automatically be filled in (Server, Port, Login Method, etc.).
Note: If you selected "Custom" for your Email Provider, you will need to retrieve your settings from your email host/provider.
- Enter your email address in the Login User field.
- Enter the password for that email account in the Password field.
- Switch to the Addresses sub-tab and fill in the Email Display Name and Return Email Address fields for every section.
- Switch to the Test sub-tab and click the Send Test Email button. This will send a confirmation email to the Return Email Address filled in for the Invoice Forms section of the Addresses sub-tab.
- Click OK on the System Setup screen.