Welcome to the Customer Center! The Customer Center is your one-stop-shop for searching, contacting, tracking and editing your customer records.
From the Customer Center, you can track down all customers matching a certain criteria. You can select any customer and view their recent transactions - such as dispatches, quotes or invoices. You can even generate lists of customers for reporting or communication purposes.
Searching for Customers
The Search panel on the Customer Center's toolbar has the ability to find your search criteria anywhere within the customer's profile. For instance, if you search for the word "dog", you'll be presented with a list of customers who live on "Dog Street", who have notes about their "Large dog in yard" or a custom field that tracks who is a "Dog owner".
Now, let's say you need to narrow the list down. This can be accomplished by using a combination of predefined Views, Refined Filters and the Search bar.
You'll find your predefined Views list on the left side of the screen. You may open this panel by clicking on the current View shown on the left side of your toolbar.
This list contains both default and custom-created views. To change the list of customers you're currently working with, click on a new View in the panel.
If you need to further refine the list of customers in the current view, you can do so by clicking on the Refine Filters tab at the top of your Details panel on the right side of the screen.
The Refine Filters section allows you to enter more specific criteria in order to narrow your list down to just the group of customers you wish to work with.
This is the default view for the Customer Center and will produce a list of all customers that are still Active.
This view will produce a list of all customers in which both the location and the customer record are marked Inactive. If just a Location is inactive, but the main customer record is not, you'll have to change the settings under the Refine Filters tab to view those locations.
This view will produce a list of all Active customers that have been added into the database within the past seven days, as determined by the Date Added field on the customer's record.
Now you know how to sort through and search for particular customers, but what can you do with the results once you have them? There's a lot you can do! You can generate a report, contact all customers by printing or emailing letters for them, and even export the results to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Clicking the Add Customers button on the toolbar will open the customer screen with a new customer number assigned to the record. All you'll need to do is enter the customer's name and contact information and click Save.
- If changes have been made to a customer's record or the filters of a View, clicking the Refresh button will ensure you have the latest information available.
- The Export button will turn the current view - with all of its results - into a CSV file, which can be opened by a variety of programs. Primarily, you'll use this button to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Print button will print the View and its results in a Landscape format. Only the columns that can be fit onto the printed page will be included, so make sure you narrow down your View to only the necessary information.
- The number of all records being shown in the current view will be displayed at the end of your toolbar. You may not always want specific customer results when working in the Customer Center, but instead, you may want to know how many customers fit your criteria.
- The Activities menu in the Customer Center contains two options: Print/Email All Selected Customer Locations and Print/Email All Selected Customer Billing Addresses. These options can be used to send letters and emails to your customers, as well as print reports and labels.