ESC allows for a variety of payments to be taken when and as needed. But whether you're entering a prepayment for an accepted quote or tendering an invoice, you'll need to make sure you have the appropriate payment methods entered first.
- Head to Receivables → Payment Methods.
- Click Add New to create a new payment method, or double-click on an existing one to edit it.
- Give this Payment Method a name.
- Enter a Description for this payment method that helps users to identify it.
- Select the Account Number you want the payment deposited to when it is entered.
- Select the Type of the payment: this can be Cash, Check, Charge Card, Credit, or Trade Disc. Each one will provide different fields in the payment screens for collecting the payment information.
- Click OK.
Note: if there was a payment screen open while this method was being added, it may be necessary to close and reopen that screen before the new payment method will show as available.