Agreements are an excellent way of tracking the customers that have a contract with you, when that contract begins and expires, when the customer is due for service and when the customer needs to be invoiced. ESC's Agreement List helps you to track and access these contracts.
From the Agreement List, you can track down a variety of agreements using specific search terms. You can select any agreement and view the details from the Details panel on the right; or double-click on the agreement to edit it. You can even generate lists of agreements for reporting or communication purposes. This makes it easy to send out renewal letters or coupons and notices.
Searching for Agreements
The Search panel on the Agreement List's toolbar has the ability to find your search criteria anywhere within the agreement. For instance, you can locate a customer's agreement using the customer's name, phone number or address. You can even search for specific terms that may be in the Notes section of the agreement.
Now, let's say you need to narrow the list down. This can be accomplished by using a combination of predefined Views, Refined Filters and the Search bar.
You'll find your predefined Views list on the left side of the screen. You may open this panel by clicking on the current View shown on the left side of your toolbar.
This list contains both default and custom-created views. To change the list of agreements you're currently working with, click on a new View in the panel.
If you need to further refine the list of agreements in the current view, you can do so by clicking on the Refine Filters tab at the top of your Details panel on the right side of the screen.
The Refine Filters section allows you to enter more specific criteria in order to narrow your list down to just the agreements or customers you wish to work with.
This view will provide a list of all Active agreements. This is the default view for the Agreement List.
Agreements by Type
This view - like the Active Agreements view - provides a full list of all Active agreements. In this view, the agreements are sorted and grouped by their Agreement Type.
Expire Next Month
Any and all Agreements that are set to expire within the month after the current month will be displayed in this view.
This view will display a list of all active agreements in which the Expiration date has passed.
This view will display a list of all agreements that have been deactivated.
This view will display a list of all new agreements that have been added to your database within the prior seven days. The results of this view are based on the Original Contract Date of the agreement.
Now you know how to sort through and search for particular agreements, but what can you do with the results once you have them? There's a lot you can do! You can generate a report, contact all customers by printing or emailing letters for them, and even export the results to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Clicking the Add Agreement button on the toolbar will open the Agreement screen with a new Agreement number assigned to the record. All you'll need to do is select the customer, enter the details and schedule the maintenance.
- If changes have been made to an agreement or the filters of a View, clicking the Refresh button will ensure you have the latest information available.
- The Export button will turn the current view - with all of its results - into a CSV file, which can be opened by a variety of programs. Primarily, you'll use this button to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Print button will print the View and its results in a Landscape format. Only the columns that can be fit onto the printed page will be included, so make sure you narrow down your View to only the necessary information.
- The number of all records being shown in the current view will be displayed at the end of your toolbar. You may not always want specific agreement details when working in the Agreement List, but instead, you may want to know how many agreements fit your criteria.
- The Activities menu in the Agreement List provides you with the option to Print/Email All Selected Customer Billing Addresses. This option can be used to send letters and emails to your customers, or print reports and labels for the customers currently selected in the Agreement List.