If a dispatch exists in ESC, you'll find it in the Dispatch List. This is an excellent place to track everything that exists in dispatch form and helps to make sure nothing gets missed or overlooked.
From the Dispatch List, you can track down a variety of dispatches using specific search terms. You can select any dispatch and view the details of the dispatch from the Details panel on the right; or double-click on the dispatch to edit it. You can even generate lists of dispatches for reporting or communication purposes.
Searching for Dispatches
The Search panel on the Dispatch List's toolbar has the ability to find your search criteria anywhere within the dispatch. For instance, if you search for "SA", you'll be presented with a list of dispatches that have a Priority of "SA", a Type of "SA" or have "SA" appearing anywhere within the dispatch notes.
Now, let's say you need to narrow the list down. This can be accomplished by using a combination of predefined Views, Refined Filters and the Search bar.
You'll find your predefined Views list on the left side of the screen. You may open this panel by clicking on the current View shown on the left side of your toolbar.
This list contains both default and custom-created views. To change the list of dispatches you're currently working with, click on a new View in the panel.
If you need to further refine the list of dispatches in the current view, you can do so by clicking on the Refine Filters tab at the top of your Details panel on the right side of the screen.
The Refine Filters section allows you to enter more specific criteria in order to narrow your list down to just the dispatches you wish to work with.
Last 30 Days
This view will show a list of dispatches that have been created within the past 30 days, regardless of the status or scheduled dates of the dispatch. This is the default view for the Dispatch List.
This view will show you a list of all dispatches that have not yet been marked complete by all technicians, regardless of the status or dates on the dispatch.
This view will show all dispatches that were marked Complete one day prior to the current date.
Scheduled for Tomorrow
In this view, you'll see all dispatches with a Promise Date of one day ahead of the current date.
This view will show all dispatches that have not yet been invoiced. This view is an excellent way to make sure all services get billed for. In order for the dispatch to be marked as 'invoiced' the invoice must be created directly from the dispatch.
This view will provide a list of all dispatches that are still in the default Serv Agr column. The purpose of this view is to ensure that all dispatches generated for service agreements are scheduled and handled in a timely manner.
Now you know how to sort through and search for particular dispatches, but what can you do with the results once you have them? There's a lot you can do! You can generate a report, contact all customers by printing or emailing letters for them, and even export the results to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Clicking the Add Dispatch button on the toolbar will open the Dispatch screen with a new dispatch number assigned to the record. All you'll need to do is select the customer, enter the dispatch notes and details about the service and click Save.
- If changes have been made to a dispatch or the filters of a View, clicking the Refresh button will ensure you have the latest information available.
- The Export button will turn the current view - with all of its results - into a CSV file, which can be opened by a variety of programs. Primarily, you'll use this button to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Print button will print the View and its results in a Landscape format. Only the columns that can be fit onto the printed page will be included, so make sure you narrow down your View to only the necessary information.
- The number of all records being shown in the current view will be displayed at the end of your toolbar. You may not always want specific dispatch results when working in the Dispatch List, but instead, you may want to know how many dispatches fit your criteria.
- The Activities menu in the Dispatch List contains two options: Print All Selected Dispatch Tickets and Print/Email All Selected Customer Locations. These options can be used to send letters and emails to your customers, or print a Dispatch Ticket for every dispatch in the list.