Not only are you able to provide quotes from ESC, but you're also able to track them. Keeping an eye on the quotes that you've issued to your customers will help you to know when it's time mark it as rejected or when it needs to be scheduled. ESC's Quote List helps you to track your quotes at a glance.
From the Quote List, you can track down a variety of quotes using specific search terms. You can select any quote and view the details and items from the Details panel on the right; or double-click on the quote to edit it. You can even generate lists of quotes for printing or reporting purposes.
Searching for Quotes
The Search panel on the Quote List's toolbar has the ability to find your search criteria anywhere within the quote. For instance, you can locate a customer's quote using the customer's name, phone number or address.
Now, let's say you need to narrow the list down. This can be accomplished by using a combination of predefined Views, Refined Filters and the Search bar.
You'll find your predefined Views list on the left side of the screen. You may open this panel by clicking on the current View shown on the left side of your toolbar.
This list contains both default and custom-created views. To change the list of quotes you're currently working with, click on a new View in the panel.
If you need to further refine the list of quotes in the current view, you can do so by clicking on the Refine Filters tab at the top of your Details panel on the right side of the screen.
The Refine Filters section allows you to enter more specific criteria in order to narrow your list down to just the quotes or customers you wish to work with.
Added Last 30 Days
This view will provide you with a list of all quotes that have a date within the prior 30 days, regardless of the status of the quote. This is the default view for the Quote List.
Any and all quotes that still have a status of Pending will appear in this list, regardless of their date.
This view will show you all quotes that were marked as Accepted within the past 14 days.
This view will show you all quotes that were marked as Rejected within the past 14 days.
Now you know how to sort through and search for particular quotes, but what can you do with the results once you have them? There's a lot you can do! You can generate a report, contact all customers by printing or emailing their quotes and even export the results to an Excel spreadsheet.
Clicking the Add button on the toolbar will open a menu with options for creating quotes in multiple ways. From here, you can create a blank quote or create a new quote from an existing dispatch. The Import from Mobile option is only a valid option if you are working on older versions of ESC Mobile.
- If changes have been made to an quote or the filters of a View, clicking the Refresh button will ensure you have the latest information available.
- The Export button will turn the current view - with all of its results - into a CSV file, which can be opened by a variety of programs. Primarily, you'll use this button to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Print button will print the View and its results in a Landscape format. Only the columns that can be fit onto the printed page will be included, so make sure you narrow down your View to only the necessary information.
- The number of all records being shown in the current view will be displayed at the end of your toolbar. You may not always want specific quote details when working in the Quote List, but instead, you may want to know how many quotes fit your criteria.
- The Activities menu in the Quote List provides you with the option to Print/Email Selected Quotes. This option can be used to send all quotes in the current list to your customers by either printing them or emailing them to an email address on file.