When creating customers in ESC, there are a lot of fields that are mandatory for each record. These fields carry to other screens and transactions to make working with a customer as easy as possible. But rather than make you fill in these fields each time, ESC gives you the ability to setup defaults for those fields that are automatically filled in for you when a customer is created. These fields can be changed if the customer's settings don't match what you have entered as your default settings.
To access the customer's default settings, head to Company → System Setup → Customer.
- Default Late Charge % - This will be the late fee automatically assigned to all new customer records. If you are integrated with a third party accounting system, you won't need to worry about this field. Your late fees and statements will be generated in your accounting system.
- Default Customer Tax Code - This field is used to set the default tax
code that will be assigned to new customers and locations when they are
created on the Customers screen.
- Default Customer Labor Rate - This field is used to set the default labor
rate that will be assigned to new customers and locations when they are
- Default Customer Terms - This field is used to set the default terms
that will be assigned to new customers and locations when they are created.
- Default Trip Charge - This field is used to set the default trip
or inspection charge that will be assigned to new customers and locations
when they are created.
- Default Phone Labels - Enter default labels for the labels for the
four phone number fields that are available for each customer in the Customers screen.
- Selections for Phone Label Pull-down Menu - When entering customers on the Customers screen, up to four separate phone numbers may be recorded for each customer. Separate labels for these phone numbers may be selected per customer depending on what kind of phone number it is (work phone, home phone, fax, or cell phone). Default labels for these four phone fields are defined here. Up to eight labels may be recorded here and these will be available in a drop-down box for each of the four phone numbers per customer. These options are helpful when entering customers, but they can also be ignored when if a more specific label is necessary.
Please sign in to leave a comment.