Much like tracking dispatches or customer records, ESC's Equipment List provides you with the ability to track individual pieces of Equipment that is associated with your customer locations. This makes it easy to issue special offers based on owners of a certain brand or type of equipment, or contact certain owners whose equipment may have a recall on it. You can also use the Equipment List to track when equipment items will be expiring, so you can offer upgrades or extended warranties.
From the Equipment List, you can track down a single item or a group of items using specific search terms. You can select any unit and view the information on that unit from the Details panel on the right; or double-click on the equipment to edit it in the Customer screen. You can even generate lists of items for printing or exporting.
Searching for Equipment
The Search panel on the Equipment List's toolbar has the ability to find your search criteria anywhere within the Equipment section of the customer's profile. For instance, you can locate an unit by searching for the Manufacturer's name, the Type or even by the location in which the unit was installed.
Now, let's say you need to narrow the list down. This can be accomplished by using a combination of predefined Views, Refined Filters and the Search bar.
You'll find your predefined Views list on the left side of the screen. You may open this panel by clicking on the current View shown on the left side of your toolbar.
This list contains both default and custom-created views. To change the list of items you're currently working with, click on a new View in the panel.
If you need to further refine the list of items in the current view, you can do so by clicking on the Refine Filters tab at the top of your Details panel on the right side of the screen.
The Refine Filters section allows you to enter more specific criteria in order to narrow your list down to just the items or codes you wish to work with.
This view will show all units that are currently available added as Equipment to your customer profiles. These items are all available in various screens, such as Sales Invoicing, Dispatches and Quotes so that they may be attached to related transactions. This is the default view for the Equipment List.
Expiring Next Month
This view will list out all units with a Warranty Date that falls within the oncoming month. This view is great for issuing warranty offers or upgrades.
This view will display all equipment with an Install Date that falls within the past 7 days.
Now you know how to sort through and search for particular equipment, but what can you do with the results once you have them? You can open the records for editing right from this screen, print a list and even export the results to an Excel spreadsheet.
- If changes have been made to an item or the filters of a View, clicking the Refresh button will ensure you have the latest information available.
- The Export button will turn the current view - with all of its results - into a CSV file, which can be opened by a variety of programs. Primarily, you'll use this button to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Print button will print the View and its results in a Landscape format. Only the columns that can be fit onto the printed page will be included, so make sure you narrow down your View to only the necessary information.
- The number of all records being shown in the current view will be displayed at the end of your toolbar. You may not always want specific item details when working in the Item List, but instead, you may want to know how many items fit your criteria.
- The Activities menu in the Equipment List provides you with the option to Print/Email All Selected Customer Locations. This option can be used to send letters and emails to your customers, or print reports and labels for the customers currently selected in the Equipment List.